Part-time Lecturer in Social Statistics and Demography at the University of Southampton, UK.
Download my CV (April 2022) (PDF).
- Social demography.
- Sexual and reproductive health with emphasis on induced abortions, miscarriages and pregnancy intentions over the life course.
- The effect of sexual and reproductive events over the life course on health and wellbeing later in life.
- Longitudinal, multilevel and event-history modelling as well as other quantitative research methods.
- I completed my PhD thesis ‘A Life Course Perspective to Abortions in Finland’ at the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2016.
Prizes and awards
- The British Society for Population Studies (BSPS) Early Career Award 2021.
- European Society for Health and Medical Sociology (ESHMS) conference 2016: best paper prize with paper ‘Timing of abortions, births and relationship transitions in Finland’.
- The British Society for Population Studies (BSPS) annual meeting Best student poster award in 2014 with ‘The association between education and induced abortion in Finland: a cohort perspective’.
- The British Society for Population Studies (BSPS) Prize 2013 for best student dissertation or essay with my master’s dissertation at LSE ‘Social Inequalities and Fertility in Adolescence: Teenage Pregnancy Trends of Three Birth Cohorts in Finland’.
- Eunice Williams (2018-present): “Women economic empowerment and the household economy in sub-Saharan Africa”. University of Southampton [primary supervisor].
- Maria Herica La Valle (graduated in 2020): “Life events and changes in health-related behaviours: An investigation using the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing”. University of Southampton [secondary supervisor].