Lecturer in Social Statistics and Demography at the University of Southampton and Director of MSc Social Research Methods with Applied Statistics, MSc Applied Statistics and MSc Demography programmes.
- Social demography.
- Sexual and reproductive health with emphasis on induced abortions, contraceptive use and pregnancy intentions over the life course.
- The effect of life course events on health and wellbeing later in life.
- Longitudinal, multilevel and event-history modelling as well as other quantitative research methods.
- I completed my PhD thesis ‘A Life Course Perspective to Abortions in Finland’ at the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2016.
Prizes and awards
- European Society for Health and Medical Sociology (ESHMS) conference 2016: best paper prize with paper ‘Timing of abortions, births and relationship transitions in Finland’.
- The British Society for Population Studies (BSPS) annual meeting Best student poster award in 2014 with ‘The association between education and induced abortion in Finland: a cohort perspective’.
- The British Society for Population Studies (BSPS) Prize 2013 for best student dissertation or essay with my master’s dissertation at LSE ‘Social Inequalities and Fertility in Adolescence: Teenage Pregnancy Trends of Three Birth Cohorts in Finland’.